ME2C offers industry-leading expertise in mercury air emissions for every customer's unique application. We finely tune the combustion chemistry using our SEA™ technology and specially formulated ME2C products, with a focus on results. This can only be offered with key expertise in the field.
ME2C is constantly innovating and rigorously testing materials/products to condition complex flue gases to most efficiently capture mercury. Through innovation, our products adapt to a myriad of complicated flue-gas environments, providing guaranteed savings.
A benefit of our SEA™ technology and our world-class team is to deliver the same level of fuel flexibility to the plant that was expected before mercury emission regulations came into effect. Without the incremental restrictions that typically result from implementation of new regulations, the plant can maximize profitability.
In order to achieve optimal results, ME2C brings mercury emission analytics to the field for its demonstrations as opposed to collecting samples for laboratory analysis, while its advanced team of experts analyzes the entire plant's performance once compliance testing has begun. ME2C services will deliver a power plant to mercury emission compliance, guaranteed.
Field Analysis and Audit
Armed with cutting-edge expertise and technology, we offer our customers:
- Assessment of existing systems and suggested improvements.
- Assessment and guidance of mercury capture and emissions by our industry-leading team of experts in material handling and mercury control science and technology.
- Optimal design of the injection strategy and appropriate equipment layout and installation.
- Sorbent optimization using flow modeling for a customized, low-cost plan for each unit.
- Emission testing for mercury and other trace metals with our mobile laboratory.
- Ongoing research toward improved technology for mercury capture and rapid-response scientific support for emission or combustion issues as operations and regulations change.
ME2C has equipment to conduct field sampling and analysis with a mobile laboratory trailer equipped with an Ohio Lumex RA-915 mercury analyzer and RP-M324 attachment for the onsite analysis of total and speciated mercury sorbent traps. This equipment allows for rapid sample collection and analysis, with data typically available within 2 hours.
In addition, ME2C has sampling equipment to sample up to four locations (mercury and HCl sorbent traps) simultaneously to evaluate potential injection bias and assist in performance optimization. To compliment mercury sampling, ME2C is also able to measure other flue gas components (CO, O2, CO2, SO2, and NOx) via a portable gas analyzer. This equipment and ME2C’s extensive knowledge in mercury measurement, mercury monitoring sorbent-trap systems, and continuous mercury monitors (e.g. Tekran, Thermo, and Ohio Lumex) allows ME2C to work with the plant to provide quality performance data. The data, in combination with ME2C’s technology, is key to developing a low-cost mercury emissions compliance strategy for plants.